I’m sure most people would agree that Indian food fucking rocks! I, for one, can’t live without it, so I had to make one of my favorite dishes from the tasty cuisine to satisfy my craving at home.
Chana masala, consisting of chickpeas and a blend of mouth-watering spices, is pretty easy to make with a lot of room for creativity. In this case, I added potatoes to the mix because why not? You can almost never go wrong with potatoes!
Now that you get the idea, let’s get started already!
What you’ll need:
- Non-stick skillet
- Sauce pan
- Rice cooker or boiling pot
- Olive oil
- 1-2 potatoes of your choosing
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Salt/oil-free (if possible) tomato sauce
- 1 cup of white basmati rice
- Curry powder
- Garam masala
- Garlic & onion powder
- Salt & black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Preheat non-stick skillet on med-high heat. Chop potatoes into desired size and toss into skillet. Add a cap-full of olive oil with basic seasonings (garlic, onion, and pepper) and let the taters steam for about 20-25 mins.
- Boil rice using the 2:1 (cups of water to rice) ratio. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are close to being fork-tender, preheat sauce pan on high and toss in chickpeas. Use a cap-full of oil with basic seasonings and stir until slightly browned. Pour in tomato sauce and add in all the spices to taste.
- Stir the chickpeas and sauce and let them simmer on low until the potatoes are soft. Then, pour the sauce mixture into the skillet with the potatoes and stir until the potatoes are evenly covered.
- Add any finishing touches and plate this beautiful meal!
Have fun with this and enjoy!!